SPORTS CAN PRESENT AN OVERWHELMING CHALLENGE FOR THOSE OF US WITH AUTISM SPECTRUM DISORDER, BECAUSE
- the groups are too large
- the pace of the lessons is too fast
- the level of play does not fit
- there is little room for individual attention
BUT SPORTS AT THE RIGHT LEVEL CONTRIBUTES TO GROWTH ON AND OFF THE PLAYING FIELD!
This inclusive tennis program, developed by Proset Autism, develops and enhances the individual skills of its participants, increases self-awareness of each student’s own potential, and builds self-confidence.
Kabir has been a part of the Proset Autism tennis program since the Fall of 2013. Since he joined the program he has developed a deep and profound connection with this sport. He is so proud of all he has achieved, none of this would have been possible without the Proset Autism program. I can’t say enough how grateful I am for everything his has gained from this program and I look forward watching him continue on this journey, in a sport that has allowed him to grow and accepts him exactly the way he is, with all the challenges life has brought forth to him.
Our specially developed
- Creating a positive athletic experience
- The development of motor skills and body awareness
- Improving physical fitness and emotional well-being
- Developing self-confidence and enhancing social skills
- Strengthening concentration and perseverance